Select a Healthy and Nutritious Recipe :
Click here to submit your own healthy and nutritious recipe. Published recipes recipe a free SWEAT t-shirt!
- 2 oranges
- 6 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g almond meal
- 1tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar for dusting after baking
- Margarine or oil spray (for greasing the pan)
- Wash oranges and place unpeeled, in a pot of boiling water for 2 hours. Drain the water and allow the oranges to cool. This can be done ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Break 6 eggs into a mixing bowl or blender. Add caster sugar and beat or blend together.
Place the two oranges into the egg mix. Break up the oranges and then blend together to a smooth consistency. Add the almond meal and baking powder and blend.
- Grease a 20 cm spring form baking pan with margarine (or vegetable oil spray) and dust with caster sugar.
- Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle caster sugar on top and bake for 1 hour to an hour and a half or until the top is golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.