Select a Healthy and Nutritious Recipe :
Click here to submit your own healthy and nutritious recipe. Published recipes recipe a free SWEAT t-shirt!
This ‘loaf’ is a great way to get you calcium, and your protein and carbs in post run. Make this ahead, freeze in individual-sized portions, and you have an easy dinner or breakfast!! This could be a regular serve for 6 portions, or 3 serves for someone doing marathon training!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 approximately 400g can of salmon, drained
- 1 cup grated cheese (whatever kind you prefer – it can be full or low fat)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- 2. In large bowl, beat eggs.
- 3. Stir in rolled oats, salmon, cheese, onion, celery, carrot and lemon juice until well combined.
- 4. Turn salmon mixture into a lightly greased and/or lined 2 L loaf pan.
- 5. Bake for about 35 minutes, and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.