Select a Healthy and Nutritious Recipe :
Click here to submit your own healthy and nutritious recipe. Published recipes recipe a free SWEAT t-shirt!
This is a recipe from back in the nineties when low- fat everything was popular. This loaf still tastes great and is a good option for those who want or need to Carbo-load, or want a pre-run snack that sits easily in your stomach.
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 and 1/4 cups of self – raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional – you can use less or leave it out)
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine dates and boiling water. Let cool.
- 3. Add orange juice, honey and egg to the date mixture.
- 4. Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate, larger bowl.
- 5. Add the liquid date mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- 6. Bake for 55-60 minutes.