At Melbourne Pack we cater for all standards and ages of runners. Pictured in pink is Hannah Littler who will be attending the Phillip Island Running Camp from January 24- 29. Spots are still available for this camp, with more info to be found on the RUNNING CAMPS page on this website on the “Phillip Island” page.
At the camp, each day there will generally be;
• A morning easy run or speed session (e.g. reps on grass oval, progressive run on groomed trail or country dirt road, fast run on hard sand on beach at low tide, sand hill session). Starting at 6.30-7.00am.
• A pre-lunch cross training or strength session such as swimming, deep water running, Pilates, strength work, stand up paddle boarding and body surfing. Starting at 11.00am
• A late afternoon easy run or speed session (e.g. reps on grass oval, progressive run on groomed trail or country dirt road, fast run on hard sand on beach at low tide, sand hill session). Starting at 4.30-5.00am.
• There will be the opportunity to see some of the amazing tourist sites on the island such as the Penguins arriving on the beach at dusk, Pyramid Rock. The Koala Conservation Centre, the National Surfing Reserve and historic Churchill Island.
• There will be the opportunity to go in the Phillip Island ParkRun 5km on Saturday, January 28 @ 8.00 am.
Behind Hannah, wearing the white cap, is Vern Gibson who is turning into a decent runner in his 40s. Vern’s three sons Samuel (7), Edward (10) and Alexander (12) are in the Kids Running Group held in Edithvale at 4.00pm each Monday and Wednesday at Edithvale Recreational Reserve athletics track. It is for children with any level of speed or fitness. Children can attend one or two sessions per week, whichever they prefer. Children can start at any point in a school term or holidays. The group operates both during school term and holidays. The sessions last for 1 hour. They include warm-up, dynamic and static stretching, form drills, speed development then some form of endurance (cross country, hill circuits and middle distance on measured course). We work on running technique, breathing patterns and race tactics for various events.
It is either a $10 drop in fee for single sessions or $50 a month (lasts one month from when you pay- so if you pay Dec 15 then it lasts until Jan 15). Great pries such as medals, caps and running apparel are handed out at EVERY session!